To explore the future potential of Superstition Vistas, local communities and organizations came together over several years in a collaborative effort to work with consultants and Pinal County residents to craft six possible scenarios for the area. These six scenarios served as stories of how the region could look, feel, grow and function in the future. They ranged from continuing current development patterns to higher density development patterns with access to more protected open space. Testing each scenario revealed which of them offered the greatest balance of benefits and lowest costs.
Together, we can achieve the vision of Superstition Vistas if we…
• Engage in important community discussions that will shape the future of Superstition Vistas and our entire region.
• Provide a safe, neighborly place for our grandchildren and their children to live and work.
• Design a community that uses fewer resources.
• Build healthy, vibrant and livable neighborhoods, open spaces, and communities.
• Create new options for infrastructure development and financing.
• Provide a business friendly place that will foster the creation of quality jobs.
• Do all of the above in a way that can greatly increase the return to Arizona State Trust Land beneficiaries, and all Arizonans.
• Finalize the Arizona State Land Department Conceptual Plan for Superstition Vistas.
• Complete the Major Amendment Process for the Pinal County Comprehensive Plan.
• Engage with neighbors and community leaders to develop and implement the Superstition Vistas vision.